Re: RX7 displacement (was:Z06 Corvette and Nationals?)

Subject: Re: RX7 displacement (was:Z06 Corvette and Nationals?)
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:39:51 -0700
Jeff's list:
| Worst to best
|
| Iron Block Diesel any and all
| 2 valve Iron 4 cylinder (2.5 GM Iron mike) or tractor motor type
| applications cam in block
| American V8 type motors or Iron V6's
| More modern V6 V8 OHC
| Flat 4 Vw motors, (no water)
| Porsche Flat motors
| Modern aluminum Inline 4
| Rotary NA
| Forced induction V8/V6
| Forced induction 4
| Motorcycle applications (this includes S2000)
| Rotary Forced
| 2 cycle A-modified applications

I'd say the number one would be:  A Top Fuel Hemi motor.
Yup its heavy...  But it does make 15 to 30 times the horsepower of
anything on your list.  It gets really poor gas mileage though.  Doesn't
come with a warranty.  Overheats backing out of the driveway.  And WILL
wake your neighbors.

-STE
(Going back into hiding before they place a ban on drag racers doing
autocross...)