Re: Peru Pro (a bit long)

Subject: Re: Peru Pro (a bit long)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:13:46 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> What a crock.  Read the rulebook folks.  Unsafe events CAN NOT be allowed to
> continue under any circumstances.  It's in there several times.  You
> accepted the rules when you signed your membership applications.

Please define "unsafe".  Nobody got hurt.  If we wanna start getting all
nasty about it (and its interesting that I haven't heard _one_ of the
200+ people who were there say it shoulda been stopped.  Guess we're all
unsafe idiots), do the safety guidelines exist to prevent human damage or
vehicle damage?

> I am not at all sorry for this rant.  Y'all better wake up.  We absolutely
> cannot afford to shoot ourselves in our collective foot by continuing such
> complete and utter nonsense.

Folks with a bit longer memory may well remember me posting a while back
about how autox should be safe, we should work toward making it safe, etc.
Perhaps those folks would then also give me a modicum of credit and
realize that my attitude towards that hasn't changed and yet _I didn't
start jumping up and down about how unsafe everything was_.  Like I've
said in this thread before, this was a "maybe this isn't quite right"
type of thing.  Not enough to shut down an event, but certainly enough to
bring it up so the line isn't pushed in future events.

Mark