Re: Peru Pro (a bit long)

Subject: Re: Peru Pro (a bit long)
From: Erik Van-der-Mey <autox@webcentrix.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:04:33 -0500
>On Mon, 22 May 2000, Steven T. Ekstrand wrote:
>  > | For whatever reason, most of the close calls were on Sunday, *after* the
>  > | actual collision.
>  > That makes it worse!  Sometimes it is hard to recognize a close call until
>  > there is an incident, but once there is an incident???  I understand the
>  > reluctance to change course, but come on....   On Sunday morning first
>  > thing there should have been at least a minor adjustment.  It sounds like a
>  > minor adjustment to the entrance of the box would have greatly lessened the
>  > danger.

The Monday morning armchair quarterbacking is in full swing!!

Unless you were at the event, you really have no right to impose your
views/opinions on those who were. Some driver mistakes were made,
cars touched, but it was decided that the event go on. Changing the
course was not a viable option.

>On Mon, 22 May 2000, Steven T. Ekstrand wrote:
>  > "Newbie autocrosser and safety weenie attorney who is trying to convince
>  > his safety weenie attorney wife that this is an extreme safe sport"

You have to look at this realistically. If autocrossing were a truly
"safe" sport, why require the use of safety belts, why require
helmets?? Think about it. Incidents happen. We try to minimize the
occurance of these, but sometimes something happens that was
unexpected.

Convincing your wife that this is an extremely safe sport is your
task. Don't try to place "blame" on the event organizers or the
participants for "causing" this accident (I guess the term "accident"
is not part of an attorney's vocabulary).

--
Erik Van-der-Mey                      erik@nolimitsperformance.com
No Limits Performance, Inc.         http://nolimitsperformance.com