Re: Re:Racing harness

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re:Racing harness
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:31:55 -0700
>Poor mans fix:  The pinch and twist.  Cinch it up as tight as you can,
>pich the belt straps together above the buckle loop, unbuckle, twist
>three times, suck in that gut and re-buckle.  It will at least stop the
>strap from sliding through the loop and will feel tighter.
=======================
And in a Neon this will allow the anti-slip feature of the buckle to fly
apart and never work again due to missing parts.

I had an instructor do this to my factory Neon seatbelt at a recent local
driving school (I was too lazy to crawl in and out of my race harness all
day long) and immediately lost the passenger's side anti-slip device and
within a couple of days the driver's side parts also went away.  I had to
rob the rear seat belts for the parts.

Just a little note to the wary.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Dolphin Safe Tuna"
It's okay, as long as you're not a Tuna.