Tire history (something new to debate)

To: <TeamZ3@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire history (something new to debate)
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:43:18 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <TeamZ3@aol.com>

> Guess you both forgot about the Pheonix Stahlflex

No -- the Stahlflex, like the A001 and A008 which came later, wasn't an
"R-compound" tire -- it was more like the current Dunlop 9000 or Yoke AVS.
In fact, I don't remember it being marketed especially as a racing or
performance tire -- a few people just sort of stumbled on the fact it was
faster than the rest of the crowd, and word spread.  I had a set on my
Rabbit for two years -- probably would have lasted longer, but they were on
the car when it burned down to the axles....

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr