RE: 'burbans?

To: "'Joshua Hadler'" <jhadler@rmi.net>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 'burbans?
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:59:15 -0500
My take on stubburbans as tow vehicles...

Change the tranny fluid at least every 60k miles, probably more often (be
sure you buy one with the factory towing package, it includes a tranny
cooler and an engine cooler, among other things). Change the differential
fluid every 15k miles. Other than that, it tows great and drives great. It
rides much better than a full size van. The 42 gallon gas take gives great
range (700 miles/tank without a trailer, at least 400 with). Now that my
wife has the stinkin' thing, she wounldn't give it up for anything. I've
looked at replacements, but nothing gives you the room for people (soon to
be a family of 6) and luggage that the Suburban gives (except a full size
van, and they ride crummy and my wife won't drive it), but even then have a
very tall luggage area, that is probably equal in size to the Sub', but it's
harder to load/unload/find stuff.

----
John Steczkowski
Director, Server I/O