RE: MR2 Tires

To: "'Scott Snyder'" <scott_926@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: MR2 Tires
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:44:26 -0600
I'll start this off by saying I have not run G-Forces. I have run last years
R-1's and like them immensely BUT: I put Kumho's on the car I just finished
building and I cannot believe how good the wear on these tires is. I and a
newbie co-driver each ran 16 runs on a course that was over a mile in length
and the outside blocks are still there. Another person on G-Forces corded
the rears on tires that had only 8 runs previously on them. They had to go
and get another set for Sunday. Car types: Mine is a 1968 Datsun Roadster
with a 3 liter Turbo motor. Lots o' power and no camber. The other car, a
1999 Mazda Miata in the hands of experienced drivers. After talking with the
Miata driver, this is the third set they have used this year. As I am not
Nationally competitive (and don't really care to be), I would vote for the
Kumhos.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster (VG30ET Powered)