Re: g-Force durability on Neon

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: g-Force durability on Neon
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:20:45 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Gerald Chen wrote:
> I heard that 225's all the way around didn't work on a Neon.  They do fit,
> but supposedly they rub against the trailing arm under hard cornering -
> can anyone confirm?

I've done this.  With 34mm offset wheels (i.e. machined 33mm AR25's), zero
rear toe and around -0.5 deg camber (guess) the 225's just barely rub
under hard cornering.  I've also seen Mark Daddio run 'em (and I suspect
this is who Mike was aluding to, but I'm not sure).  He was running 35mm
offset wheels (guess) with 0 deg. camber and a lot of toe out.

If you're gonna try it, you're gonna want at least 35mm offset wheels and
more than likely will need to add toe out and/or negative camber to get
clearance.  Its not worth the alignment compromises to me.

Mark