Re: g-Force durability on Neon

Subject: Re: g-Force durability on Neon
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:15:11 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 cw26@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> Will the g-Force tires last on my 2 driver Neon for a divisional (asphalt),
>the
> Neon Super Solo, Saturday Topeka warm-up event, and Nationals?  I'm guessing a
> total of 40 runs.  From what I've been reading here on team.net, tire life is
> not very long and it sure would be er.. not good.. to have to buy tires twice
> before the Nationals.

YMMV and all that, but 40 runs has been about the limit for me with my
front G-Forces.  If I were you, I'd get 2 sets of fronts.

Rears have been holding up well.  Probably 100 or more runs on those and
still plenty of life left.  As you'd expect with a neon.

I don't think I'm especially hard on tires, but I'm not especially easy on
them either.

Mark
(and, for what its worth, I've spun 3 times this year on G-Forces and have
yet to have a flat spotting problem.  Of course, every time I've been
chanting "don't lock the wheels!" to myself... :-)