Re: emptying the gas tank

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: emptying the gas tank
From: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:02:20 -0500
I remember when I was a kid one of the neighbors decided to get some gas
out of the car to run the lawnmower. He disconnected the hose from the carb

and turned on the ignition so the electric fuel pump would pump it into the
metal
gas can that he had very cleverly placed on top of the battery. Guess what
happened?

Now here's the bad part. The car was parked in the garage. It took a half
dozen
neighbors with garden hoses to keep the flames in check until the fire
department arrived. The fuel pump kept right on fueling the blaze until it
finally failed or ran out of gas.

Kids don't try this a home!

Mike B. TLS#1