Neon braking problem...poor performance on the street

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Neon braking problem...poor performance on the street
From: Cccya1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:22:58 EDT
Hello all,

I need to ask the experts in the Neon field.  My girlfriend has a 96 neon
(expresso) that has a wierd braking problem.

Background info:
Current milage:47,000
Front pads done 38,000(last fall)
Master Cylinder done at dealer in Jan
ABS and Brake lines flushed at the same time.

Problem:
When driving on the street w/ the AC on and it comes time to brake
moderatly/hard, pushing the pedal down further doesn't increase the braking
effect.  (No, the floor mat isn't stuck underneath the pedal) Now, the brakes
work fine w/o the AC on, but she can't keep switching it off and on when she
has to stop.  Any ideas?  I know this is kinda off topic, but I have no where
else to turn, but to the racers...Please help me guys.....

Kevin