Re:1.6L Miata ABS

To: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Subject: Re:1.6L Miata ABS
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:49:51 -0400 (EDT)
Randy Stocker wrote:

>I like it.  It is a genuine 4 channel system that has
extremely rapidpulses.
> I would describe it like your Toyota description.

If it's similar to the 1.8L Miata ABS, then it should
be quite good (the controller was changed in 1995
IIRC).  It does not compensate for steering angle so
if you trigger it on corner entry it's "Game Over,
Man!"  :-0

>Add 100 lbs forall the
B and C package stuff, AC, PS, PW, etc.  IMO, the 1992
black LTD is thebest
bet as it had 6" wheels.

Does the extra 1/2" of rim width justify the weight
penalty?  I'm curious because some folks have asked me
about the 1.6 Miatas lately.  The 14x5.5 rim should be
able to handle a 195/55R14 Kumho with no trouble, and
having driven a set on a '99 Miata I'm persuaded this
tire is as good as the 205.  A '92 base package with
these tires might do pretty well.

Cheers,
Craig Blome