1.6L Miata ABS

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1.6L Miata ABS
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:30:57 -0400
I had an Acura whose ABS system activated way too early, nowhere near the
lockup threshold, and I had a Toyota whose ABS would actually chirp the
tires when it activated (the best-calibrated ABS system I've ever used).
How good is the ABS in the 1.6L Miatas?  Does it do threshold braking for
you, or does it prevent you from getting to the threshold?

Also, it appears that ABS was only available with B or C package Miatas, so
how much weight do power windows, power mirrors, and cruise control add?

Brad Burns