Re: more STU stuff

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: more STU stuff
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:11:54 -0700
GSMnow@aol.com wrote:

> Event the base ST allows ANY spirings and shocks as well as redilly available
> bolt on parts.

Yep. And even a base ST car optimized for Solo II competition will be a
filling-remover. That's my point. You can't force Solo cars to be
"streetable," you can only say what you can and can't modify. If what
you CAN modify includes the suspension, then it's likely that the
optimum Solo setup will only be marginally streetable, if at all. Even
in Stock, it's possible that optimal Solo alignment settings will eat
street tires in a hurry and make your car darty in a straight line.

>It would be nice to limit it in some way, but that is not going
> to be easy.

It's my position that it's not possible, which is why I hold out no hope
for a real "street car" Solo II class other than Stock.

I don't object in principle to the formation of a new Category, but if
you want to form classes for streetable cars in Solo II, it's my claim
that your only real possibility is in Stock. Anything else will come to
be dominated by purpose-built Solo cars, and the guy off the street
won't be any better off than he is now.

Jay