Re: CLUTCH HELP NEEDED!

To: "Rex Weatherford" <rweatherford@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: CLUTCH HELP NEEDED!
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:45:43 -0500
>I will likely get a LUK clutch from Pep Boys for the car.  I don't have
>any real mods done to the car and it will probably hold.  Some quad
>owner said that they have had real good luck with thiers.  It is $119
>with a lifetime warrantee, so if I burn it up I can just get another
>one.  ;^)

What that lifetime warrantee means is that you will have a lifetime of
changing the clutch, until you tire of the problem and buy a good clutch.
All they're doing is betting that you'll get rid of the car before their
crap clutch dies again.

If you do still own it, and the clutch goes, you will still have to pay
labor to install it (unless you do your own install)..

>I thought about getting a centerforce DF but decided I probably don't
>have enough power to warrent such a clutch.  It is also over twice the
>price @ $277.

Buy the better clutch from the start. It'll save you much time.

Steve Hoult  '89 MR2 SC  ASP 9
Got Boost?