DTN Voting

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: DTN Voting
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:31:11 -0400
The time has come to open the voting for DTN Nominations!  Here are the
candidates:

Gary Meissner - GSMnow@aol.com
JD Kemp - JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov
Eric Moon - moon-7@blazenet.net

At the end of this message is a blurb about each of them that I asked them
to supply.  They have been forwarded unchanged.

Email your votes to me, oblique@alum.mit.edu.   Please, do not send them to
Team.Net.  That will make it a nightmare for me to weed out duplicate ones.
Please put DTN in the subject of the message.  I will acknowledge votes as
I get them.  Voting will close July 15th around midnight.

Gary Meissner - GSMnow@aol.com

By Paul request, I am sending a bit of info about myself, being one of the
DTN nominees.

I have been on team net a bit over 3 years now, I have asked alot of
questions and started answering as well over the last two or so. I have been
autocrossing over 12 years now, running about 16 local events every year and
hitting a few out of town ones when time permits. I managed a Divisional
Championship a few years back with my GrandAm turbo when it was in CSP which
was a suprise. For some reason, no hot Hondas showed up. I did beat two
Cendiv regulars for it though. I have not traveled out of Cen Div for an
autocross yet, but was hoping to this year.

I enjoy autocrossing and the people involved. My work does not always allow
me the time I would like to devote, so I help out where and when I can. My
background is mostly in electronics, so I have been maintaining timing and PA
equipment for two local clubs. I also have chaired an event, it was much more
demanding then I thought, but I hope to do it again. I have learned from
mistakes and hope to put on a top notch event in an up coming season. I now
know not to use every cone in the truck  ;-)   but some did like the 80
second course. I try to be helpful to newcomers and veterens alike. When a
competitor needs a hand I am one of many in our club willing to help out.
When I have needed a hand, other have stepped in for me so I know how it
feels on both sides. Without the friends the evnts would not be anywhere near
as fun.

I hope to make it to Nationals some time soon, most of my friends have all
beem at least once. If I don't win the DTN this year, I may still try to put
it together to go. The money help would be nice, but I am not going to beg
for it, I am sure the other nominees are just as deserving (if not more so)
than myself, so I will congradulate whoever does get it. I have to thank Mike
Taylor for putting my name in this year. I had to re-read the post to be sure
he was talking about me, but when I thought back about it, I guess I have
done al that. And yes, my TSSCC streak is still un broken after over 7 years.
I keep it up because of the people. I am close to that streak in Chicago
Region SCCA also, but I don't think they kept records on it.

I know very few people outside of this area know me except for a few posts on
team.net so I can only hope I pick up a few votes. Thanks for listening.

Gary Meissner
Running STU at Evansville, and who knows from there.

JD Kemp - JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov

Paul Cz has asked me (Twice now!) to write a blurb to introduce myself to you
all.  Risky as that sounds, I'll put something down in a minute here.  First, I
want to say a Serious Thing, believe me, that's a rare occurrence, but here
goes:  I haven't seen the write-ups on all the nominees, but I have seen
articles about Mssrs. Moon and Meissner.  (Forgive any misspellings of names,
please.)  They both sound like really cool guys, assets to autocross and to
Team.Net and great choices for the DTN.  I'm honored to be mentioned in the
same
group.  Thanks for considering me, and congratulations to Moon and Meissner for
being nominated --  You deserve it, guys!  As did, I'm sure, all the other
nominees that I haven't caught names for yet.

Now, why should I go?  I polled a select group of friends, journalists, British
Dogs, and crazed C/P drivers and come up with quite a few suggestions.  I've
boiled it down to a basic list of reasons as follows:

The Official "Reasons to Elect JD Kemp for '99 DTN" TOP TEN LIST

(Shameless Self Promotion R Us!)

10.  Maybe he'll finally buy some REAL muffler hangers, and ditch
     the coat hanger wire.
9.   Course workers may claim any parts falling off Lucretia during
     competition runs.  (Free Nats Souvenirs!  Might be coat hangers.)
8.   Send JD to Nats, so he'll (finally) get some NEW material for
     Pylon articles.  (Downside: The article might be about YOU!)
7.   Lucretia could mark "the line" on course for those behind her!
     (How many quarts of Castrol would THAT require?)
6.   If he hits a pylon, you get to see him run to JK Jackson and
     say, "Forgive me, Father, for I have coned."
5.   Maybe he'll get invited to ride on the C/P Bus...
     (JD & Berger -- Twin Moons!  Talk about a "Down" side!)
4.   He'll add depth to the class, so maybe you'll get a trophy!
3.   His very presence there will PO the really serious drivers.
2.   Ever heard him sing his original lyical composition "The
     Cover of the Grassroots Rag"?

And the current favorite for #1...

If you send JD and Lucretia, ya don't have to worry that the "DTN" guy will
outrun YOU!

**Special Note**
I had originally thought about driving Lucretia to Topeka, and one entry on the
Top Ten sent to the "British Dogs" mentioned that notion.  As romantic as that
concept sounds, I don't think my tushie is up for quite THAT much romance.
AND, since Arie Villasol drove his KillerB from the CA Bay Area to Topeka
in '97, any such tour on my part would only be a pale imitation of Mr. V,
and he does not deserve to have his record diluted.  (Besides all that, my
friend
Gene offered to loan me his trailer!)

Thanks!  Hope to see ya'll in Topeka!

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB

Eric Moon - moon-7@blazenet.net

Boy, it's pretty hard to elaborate on Alan's letter of nomination--It's
detailed, colorful yet concise.  However, it's probably a bit longer than a
blurb.

Here we go:

Please vote for me, Eric Moon!
Why?  Who is Eric Moon?
I'm fairly new to team.net, and this is only my second season autocrossing,
but I'm fully committed to the sport and I'll be around for the long haul.
I'm still a bit of a rookie, but I'm learning fast and posting good
results.  I'm most definitely not a favorite for CSP in Topeka--BUT--I
think that the experience will be very important to my growth and
development towards becoming a National Level competitor.

Thank you.

(Alan Pozner's nomination letter)

I nominate Eric Moon ( moon-7@blazenet.net ) from Susquehanna region. Eric
has been a frequent contributor to team.net recently. His comments are
always constructive and never rude or inflammatory.

On a local level he has become a pivotal player in our region. He is the
worker chair for Auto-X events including our recent, very successful
Pro-Solo. That success was do in no small part to Eric's organizational and
people skills. Workers were recruited and delivered on-time with little fuss
or bother.

In competition Eric is really making a name for himself. He has scored
numerous firsts in local events and came in second in CSP National series at
the recent Pro. In the challenge he won his first round only to cone while
ahead of the eventual winner on the second.

Eric represents our new generation of competitors and would be a fine choice
to represent Team.Net at nationals.

Regards,
Alan Pozner

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Please visit my website at http://www.customline.com/ride99 and take a
moment to help me do something to change the world.