Re: Street Touring at '99 Nationals YES!!!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Touring at '99 Nationals YES!!!
From: "Mike and Lara King" <mapco@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:27:42 -0400
The way I look at something like this, and I very well may be wrong in
thinking this way, but is the way I feel, is explore the class, propose the
class to the membership, take member input before you create the class, and
just get all your ducks in a row before you create a class. Then when that
"committee" has overlooked the format of the class, and seen if it has much
interest, then create the class in it's intirety. Many of us who run
National Tours and Pro Solos also run Nationals in September. In my
thinking, if I'm going to build a car, it's not going to be one that I can't
go for a National Championship in, in Topeka. I'm sure someone like Vince
and Matt and a variety of other very good, and serious competitors would
like to run for their own National Championship, and not get bumped to CSP
or ESP where they would never have a chance in ST form. I believe this is
definitely a good reason why you don't see more people subscribing to the
class. To tell you the truth, I would probably consider ST if I could run in
my own class at Nationals (just me, no one else!...lol!) I don't know, I
guess I feel they should stop messing around with it, scratching their
heads, and make it a class. If it doesn't work in the long run, so be it. At
least it was given an equal opportunity. Just my opinion..

Mike King
98 Eclipse GSX