Street Touring at '99 Nationals YES!!!

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Touring at '99 Nationals YES!!!
From: Vince Bly <Vince.Bly@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 18:24:36 -0400
In case you missed Ron Conrad's previous post on this,
I will repeat what we learned from Howard Duncan at
Evansville.

1> There will be a Street Touring Supplemental Class
at the Solo II Nationals this year!

2> There will be Street Touring and Street Touring
Ladies (street tire classes).

3> As a supplemental class, we will run alone, as
a group, just like a regular class.  The differences
between a supplemental class and a regular class are:
a) there will be trophies and, possibly, a jacket.
b) the top trophy will say something like "Nationals
Class Winner".  It will not say "National Champion".
c) the winner of a supplemental class is not listed
in the rulebook with the National Champions.

4> SCCA is aware of the NOPI Nationals the following
weekend.  If possible, ST and STL will run on
Tuesday and Wednesday.  This may not be possible if
the classes already scheduled for Tuesday and
Wednesday greatly outnumber those for Thursday and
Friday.

5> When, and if, Street Touring becomes a regular
class at Nationals will depend on the quantity and
quality of the competition in the Supplemental Class.

6> Whether Pro Street Touring and the National Street
Touring classes will remain street tire classes in
the future will depend on several factors, including
the active interest in non-R tire manufactures, such
as Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop, etc.  I'm already
working on Michelin.

                                Vince Bly   #49 ST