Re: lightening stock flywheel--sources?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lightening stock flywheel--sources?
From: Bruce Haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 17:33:05 -0700
At 05:16 PM 7/6/99 -0500, Kevin & Deana Brown wrote:
>A local machine shop should be able to do it.  If you know of an
>automotive repair / performance shop specializing in Hondas, you might
>ask who does their machine work.  Otherwise, you might just look for a
>machine shop specializing in automotive engine work and talk to them.

Just be careful that they don't take meat off in places that would make
the part that's left a bomb at high rpm. Taking it off the outer diameter
will give the best results without weakening the center portion where
all the stress is. I don't know what an alum flywheel costs for your
application, but if the price difference isn't huge it would probably be
worth saving up the difference and getting one.