Autocrossing Offspring

To: autocross <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: Autocrossing Offspring
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:01:59 -0700
Kinda late (been swamped with work), but I wanted to say thanks. I
received a lot of replies, both on the list and privately about what to
do and not do when introducing children to this sport. A lot of them
indicated that it may be wise to have someone else do it.

A lot of great information. Some of you replied about karts. Yes, that
would be the best, but we don't have karts in San Diego. Los Angeles
does, but right now, it is difficult to get enough time to be able to
drive up to LA with my daughter, between her soccer training, high
school stuff, volunteer work at the hospital, and her advanced bio
studies (okay..these are all true, but the real reason is she would
rather hang out with her friends). 8-)

Perhaps someday we might have karts in San Diego, if we did, my son
would be in one. In fact, if we did, I would probably have one and a
junior one.

Anyways, thanks. And oh yeah, I received a few replies about the use of
Nitrous Oxide and "crackers" also. I consider myself in the know now.

Randy Chase (only crackers I have are Saltines)
'91 MR2 without NOS, now in CS...wants to stay there