Re: Street Driving/AutoX

To: PbPied@aol.com, Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Driving/AutoX
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:41:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/99 12:17:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, PbPied@AOL.COM
writes:

<< >One last point, it is going to be really hard to get the "import drag
 >racing" crowd to cross over because that whole scene is a lot more social
 >than it is about real racing.  I'm talking about for the average drag
 >racer.  You go out to a race to show off your car, brag about how fast it
 >is, pick up on women and look at other cars.  The racing is just a side
 >attraction. >>

Seems to me that the difference between  drag race guys(Import or otherwise)
is that
they focus on horsepower. The "My car makes more horsepower than yours" kinda
thing. Don't get me wrong here, I love to put down the power as much as  those
"Wacky CP" guys do!  But in this game  you gotta turn it and you gotta stop
it.
I think some of "Drag guys"are a little intimidated by that fact. In Auto-x
or any racing that requires you to turn or brake the drivers skill really
comes into play.
In Solo just because you got more horsepower than anybody else doesn't make
you
 are an automatic winner, It might make you last!

If you can't get it to the ground, It doesn't matter

Mike B. TLS#1