Re: OBDII/J1850 buss?

To: Brent DeWitt <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: OBDII/J1850 buss?
From: Scott Knight <sknight@mich.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:21:56 -0400
Brent,

> Can anyone out there point me to some good technical references on
> OBDII/J1850 communications?  The purpose is to real time query speed, rpm,
> throttle position and the like from the PCM for data logging.

If you feel like getting your hands dirty, there is a group of EFI
programmers that dabble in such stuff.  Go to:

http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/

and join the mail list, search the archives (impromptu search resulted
in 81 messages with the word J1850) and follow the links.  These guys
are the hardcore hackers of OEM engine management systems.  See you
there.

Later dates.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:sknight@mich.com