SE Divisional SOLO II at Perry is Back On!!!!

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SE Divisional SOLO II at Perry is Back On!!!!
From: "Mark Chiles" <mchiles@iu.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 09:52:08 -0400
To All Southeast Divisional SOLO II Competitors,

The third and final event of the 1999 BFGoodrich Team T/A - Southeast
Divisional SOLO II Championship Series will INDEED be held at the Georgia
National Fairgrounds in Perry, Georgia the weekend of August 28-29.  This
event will be co-hosted by the Middle Georgia and Atlanta Regions of the
Sports Car Club of America.  This event will be part of the First Annual
Georgia MotorFest.

We recently were reassigned to the south parking area of the Fairgrounds to
conduct our event.  After a review of the Fairground's south parking area,
it was determined that the reassigned site was unacceptable for use for a
SOLO II event and it was announced that the event was put on hold.  This
past week, while an alternate site was arranged, there were discussions with
the Georgia MotorFest promoter and the Fairgrounds site manager about our
concerns.  To make sure that we were part of the Georgia MotorFest,
arrangements were then made for our use of the complete North Parking area
of the Fairgrounds, outside the fence.  The North Parking area is the event
site which had been originally approved this past spring, as the site for
the divisional.

I want to thank Atlanta Region's Ben Thatcher and Middle Georgia Region's
Mark Odom for their negotiation activities which enabled us to continue to
have this event in Perry.

It is important that we have great attendance at this event which is part of
the Georgia MotorFest.  The First Annual Georgia MotorFest aspires to be a
NOPI-like event and the Georgia National Fairgrounds in continuing to grow
with plans to add many acres of paved parking area in the future.  The
Middle Georgia Region and Atlanta Region want to foster great relations with
the Georgia MotorFest and the Georgia National Fairgrounds in order that new
and existing parking areas can be used for future autocross events.

Registration, hotel and other information about the final event of the 1999
BFGoodrich Team T/A - Southeast Divisional SOLO II Championship Series will
be mailed in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, you can visit the official
SEDiv SOLO II website http://www.eec.com/sediv/ for the latest information,
event results, points standings and EZ-registration.

See you in Perry!!!

Mark Chiles
SEDiv SOLO II Event Steward