Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?
From: rikracer <rikracer@cwix.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:52:53 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>

> I am afraid that any reasonably competitive SCCA group will not let you
> ride or drive with another participant in the car with the possible
> exception of fun runs. It is too damn bad.

In Cal Club, which I venture to say is reasonably competitive, we allow
novice drivers to have "instructors" ride as passengers or even drive the
first run with the novice as passenger.  Only restriction is the
"instructor" must have already taken their official timed runs.
"Instructors" are any experienced driver the Event Master feels worthy.