Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:49:14 -0400
>I personally don't think it should be the mission of a region to foster
>nationally competitive drivers.
>
>The mission should be to give the local autocrossers the most autocross
>enjoyment possible.

I've spent a bit of time thinking about this since Phil posted it.  I don't
think that these are mutually exclusive goals.  It all comes down to _why_
you autox.  If it is to go fast and screech and down a few suds, well fine.
But if it is about winning, that is a whole nother story.

I have been in both modes in the past.  I realize that not everyone can
win, but if you want to win and you are not _and_ you don't know how to get
there, then you are not having fun.

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Please visit my website at http://www.customline.com/ride99 and take a
moment to help me do something to change the world.