Re: Protest Oil Companies

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Protest Oil Companies
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:46:08 -0500

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:41:06 -0500  John Steczkowski
<stecz@crossroads.com> writes:
> I moved from Austin, TX when regular unleaded was
>$1.10/gallon to Portland Oregon where gas was $1.50 or more a gallon. It
>often cost me $60/tank to fill up the Suburban. I drove it just as much
and
>wouldn't have traded it in on anything while I was in Portland or even
now
>that I'm back in Austin (ok, maybe an Excursion...)
>

>John Steczkowski

and what if we had to pay closer to the prices in Europe....$1.50+ per
LITER !

but a one day boycott of your local stop-n-rob will in no way affect the
OPEC oil barrons.  the low price of oil does hurt the US oil industry,
causing it to shut down more and more oil wells thereby increasing our
dependency and vulnerability to OPEC oil.  I wouldn't like paying $2/gal
but if it helps keep us a little more independent in the long run, it'll
be worth it IMHO.