Re: Oil change before or after Autox? (newbie)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil change before or after Autox? (newbie)
From: "H. Rodney Spear" <hrspear@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 99 21:19:50 -0500
>>FWIW on a new car or engine I change oil at 150, 600, 1500, and every 3000
miles thereafter.  It's a little extreme but that first change helps
flush out the nasty bits created as the internal parts get run in.<<

My standard practice was always first oil change at 1,000, with the rest
being every 3,000 mi thereafter.  However, my dealer counseled me against
an early change saying that the increased friction was part of the
breakin process...that's starting to sound a bit suspect now that I think
about it.  I guess I'll be getting that oil change in a week or so.