RE: Solo 2 Schedule

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solo 2 Schedule
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:28:36 -0700
I think STU would be the class if you wanted to Street Touring. It is Street
Touring Unlimited. Still no "Gas" though.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster

>      Take a look at the rules for Street Touring.  Maybe
> you can change the car to fit those rules.  But not immediately.

You might not be real happy...ST requires an unmodified engine and
gearbox, including emissions gear.  Many local clubs have a "street
modified" class or the like that is essentially unlimited as long as
the car has DOT legal tires and is licensed for road use.  If you can
find one, that can be a good place to learn to handle the car...and
maybe get bitten by the bug and go looking for a stock car to compete
in.  :)

hth,
Craig Blome
Texas Spokes SCC, Austin, TX