Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:52:11 -0600
>From SBW:

>It was nice of
>you to bring this up cuz it now dawns on me that some people
might think I
>am listening to all this crap for my own selfish gains.

How touching. SBW is only trying to help us all out here. And
we're not being suitably appreciative. For shame!

>   The thing is that it kills me to see SCCA solo turn it's
collective back
>on some of america's best sports cars

I feel your pain. I've often said "If only the SCCA would
recognize the world's finest sports cars for what they are and
give 'em a break, our families would be safer at night."

> because they are listening to someone
>say what they wanna hear and they wanna think of themselves as
really
>important.

Come again?

 >Lemmy tell ya here mark, the tail don't wag the dog and solo
aint
>gonna force any tire makers into spending a buncha dough$$ray me
to build
>18" rubber when there is virtualy no market for them.

So, what about Hoosier? Didn't Rob just reel off some 18" sizes
of go-fast Hoser DOT-type tires? Why doesn't that count?

>   We gotta get our headsa out of the sand.

"What you mean we, Kemosabe?" - Tonto to the Lone Ranger

Jay "can't help but be touched by Scotty's compassion" Mitchell