Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: Scotty *BOB* White <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: Mike McClure <mikemc@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:34:25 -0600

>    What makes you think they won't show up? Were you there in 94 at Salina?
> Dude, they sell 30k of these things a year and we're jus talkin C5s not to
> mention porksches ;-)
>
> sbw

Scotty,

Just out of curiousity, have you been autocrossing your C5 locally with
17" wheels?  If so, how has the C5 done compared to the cars that have
proven themselves in Super Stock (RX-7's and early C4's)?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I just can't see the C5
hanging with the current winners in the class on a national level.  I
may be very wrong, seeing as how I haven't personally autoxed one with
race rubber.  I just want an honest opinion from a proven competitor.
Are there any other national caliber drivers autocrossing C5's?

The C5 is a great car.  I fully expect to own one some time in the
future, but probably not as an autocross machine.  If someone could
prove to me that the C5 has a chance to be competitive I just might have
to buy a C5 sooner rather than later.  For now I will stick with my '86
C4 and hope for the best against the RX-7's.

Mike McClure
Houston, TX
'86 Z51 Vette - Super Stock (on 16" Kumho's)