Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:26:12 -0600
Mark Sirota typed:

>I agree, I'd like to see these cars out there.
>
>However, I dislike modifying the Stock Category rules to handle
an
>oddball, hopefully short-lived, problem that only affects a
couple of
>cars.

That's it in a nutshell. Let's assume, FTSOA, that the SEB were
to accept Scotty's proposal. The owners of the affected cars then
get an option that NO OTHER car owner has: to run non-original
wheel sizes in Stock. And, Scotty, don't start the stuff about
the 12" wheel rule. Nobody in a car that has ANY impact on Stock
Category is affected by that allowance. What happens AFTER Scotty
is satisfied that his choice of 18" rubber is available? Does
ther SEB take back the allowance? I didn't think so.

Mark is right. Leave the rules structure alone. Reclass where
appropriate, but don't screw up what's working pretty well
otherwise.

Jay