Re: Your letter on 18" rubber

To: <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: Your letter on 18" rubber
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:11:49 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
To: Scotty *BOB* White <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Cc: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, January 25, 1999 9:07 PM

>Scotty *BOB* White wrote:?
>>
>>    Yes and very good point Pat, BUT, there is already a precident on the
>> 12"/13" rule and weakness is hardly compared to not being able to compete
>> for lack of rubber.
>>
>The point is somewhat moot I suppose due to the impending 18" sizes
>coming on line.  (According to the other guys anyway...don't know
>myself) BUT,

   Same crap they said 2 years ago, it aint happenin. We gotta get our heads
out of the sand.

>The 12/13 rule would seem to appease those few stubborn rascals who
>refuse to "let go" by grandathering in some obsolete equipment, (how
>many models does that rule help?  How many actively produced cars does
>it help?)

   I dissagree, the rule was written cuz there were no tires available,
PERIOD! What's different now? There have been cars out since 96 (great A/X
cars) and still no tires. Club race is allowing alternates cuz they know the
tire co. are not driven by SCCA, isn't it time we realise we are not a
pimple on the ass of the tire companys?

sbw