Re: Wheel tyre suggestions for Caterham Super Seven

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel tyre suggestions for Caterham Super Seven
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 08:45:24 -0500
At 4:32 PM -0800 1/17/1999, clark omand wrote:
>Hi I have recently bought a Caterham 1700 Super Sprint
>which is fitted with 14 inch wheels.  I intend auto xing this car here
>(in Canada) next year and would like the opinion of am experienced
>Super Seven autocrosser as to what wheels tires I should be using?

I raced a friend's Seven this last summer.

We did have R1's on it the previous year, fairly wide ones, and this year
we went to Hoosiers that were even wider.  Once we switched we didn't like
the Hoosiers until we redid the front suspension, giving us more negative
camber.  Then it worked like a charm.  We didn't use a pyrometer, but we
were able to get heat into the tires.  Having 2 drivers does help I guess.

Make 'em big, size matters...

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki