Re: Wheel tyre suggestions for Caterham Super Seven

To: clark omand <c_omand@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel tyre suggestions for Caterham Super Seven
From: Whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 20:02:07 -0600
I think the D Mod sevens/westfields/caterhams mostly run 13x9 -10" wheels
(seems like) with 20x9x13 or 20x10x13 slicks, usually Hoosier or M&H.  As
for DOT rubber, a 13" would save unsprung weight, compared to the 16x9's.
The Hoosier and M&H slicks can be had in compounds that will heat up in 2-3
corners on the rear of my 1600lb CRX (about 300 lbs load ea.).

Stan
\