Wheel tyre suggestions for Caterham Super Seven

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel tyre suggestions for Caterham Super Seven
From: clark omand <c_omand@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi I have recently bought a Caterham 1700 Super Sprint
which is fitted with 14 inch wheels.  I intend auto xing this car here
(in Canada) next year and would like the opinion of am experienced
Super Seven autocrosser as to what wheels tires I should be using?
The guys in the UK who road race them seem to like using skinny tires
with the theory that a car weighing
1200 lbs wont heat up anything wider.... but I remember somthing about
Guy Ankenny and his National winning Miata running massive 245's on
back with the theory that you arn't out on the track for long enough
to heat up a tire anyway so might as well get as big a footprint as
possible on it..( thats my interpretation perhaps of what he
said)....anybody with some real experience in tire selection for
sevens care to help me out... thanks Clark.