Accusump experience anyone?...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Accusump experience anyone?...
From: "Jason Keeney" <JasonK@neversoft.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:49:31 -0800
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with any kind of
"accusump", pressurized oil reserve thingy.   I ask because I've had a bit
of a oil pressure problem in high G corners.   I know a baffled oil pan is
another option, though one I'd rather avoid since in my case it means
pulling the engine.  A dry sump is.. um.. not an option. :)

Anyone have any good/bad experiences?  Is this the right solution for my
problem?  And what kind of capacity should I be looking for?  They seem to
come in 1,2, and 3qt sizes.  My motor (2.3L ford) takes 5qts as is.  Do
these things add extra capacity to ones oil system, or do they simply just
"hold on" to whats already there?

Many thanks
jason keeney
'97 Ford Type-R ('R' is for Ranger!)