Pro Solo changes for '99

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Pro Solo changes for '99
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:43:15 -0800
Just wondering what people think of the follow sections of the ProSolo
letter currently in the mail. Specifically the following two paragraphs
caught my eye:

As stated before, two-driver teams in the same class are allowed in the
ProSeries, but only the top finishing driver of the team is eligible for
the ProSeries Challenge. *However, we have decided that it is unfair to
allow the ineligible driver of a two-driver team additional chances at the
Challenge, and therefore, this will not be allowed. Relative to the final
standings, it is somewhat inconsequential, as only one driver would be
eligible for the required Finale Challenge*.

Anybody have any idea what this is *'d section is saying? Are two-driver
teams allowed or not? If so does only the fastest make the challenge? This
is very unclear to me.

The other paragraph was:

"New for 1999: Drivers in any Challenge competition are allowed to "break
out" twice. On the third break-out, they are disqualified".

The problem I see here is what if the entire event is conducted in the rain
but then the weather clears for the Challenge? (you can see I am thinking
like a Seattlite here :-) IMHO there needs to be some method for the Event
Chief to declare it a "rain event" (or more correctly a "sun event" I
guess) and waive this rule lest the Challenge turn into a bracket race.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                    | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA         | work: alan.dahl@attws.com