RE:Pro Solo changes for '99

To: adahl@eskimo.com
Subject: RE:Pro Solo changes for '99
From: Ralph Elder <RAE1@ci.berkeley.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:47:24 -0800
regarding the new 3 break-outs rule:

At our Divisional Roundtable last week (see! you shoulda
been there!),  Howard told us about this rule.  And explained
that in the rule book it does say something like "there is a
allowance for King Howie to void that rule in the case of
_EXCEPTIONAL _ weather conditions" ( ok, maybe not in
_those_ words...).
He went on to explain that this does not mean that when the
barometer rises .001"  we toss the rule, it is in there for just
those situations where the rain stops and the sun comes out
and the course is suddenly dry at 1:00pm on Sunday.

-RALPH-
NARS Racing - Chief of DS2S stand-ins.....

>>> Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com> 01/14/99 06:43pm >>>
Just wondering what people think of the follow sections of the
ProSolo
letter currently in the mail. Specifically the following two
paragraphs
caught my eye:
<snip>

The other paragraph was:

"New for 1999: Drivers in any Challenge competition are
allowed to "break
out" twice. On the third break-out, they are disqualified".

The problem I see here is what if the entire event is
conducted in the rain
but then the weather clears for the Challenge? (you can see I
am thinking
like a Seattlite here :-) IMHO there needs to be some method
for the Event
Chief to declare it a "rain event" (or more correctly a "sun
event" I
guess) and waive this rule lest the Challenge turn into a
bracket race.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                    | home:
adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA         | work:
alan.dahl@attws.com
/  /  _/__/      --------------- http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl