Re: Signatures & tow van tires

To: Racer---X@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Signatures & tow van tires
From: ewc4@juno.com (Eric W. Clements)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:25:28 -0500
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:51:04 -0500 "Racer---X" <Racer---X@email.msn.com>
writes:
>Mari, that last line isn't for CS! You know what the next line is, don't
>you? It's "But it'll do 0-60 in 5.2". If I can find that in a CS car,
sign
>me up!!!!
>Mari Clements Wrote:
><P.S.  For Eric Linnhoff only:
>I've noticed that your listening preferences are really limiting your
>signature files, so I'm offering these suggestions to broaden your
>horizons:
>And (in honor of those of us in CStock):
>I don't know why I have to drive so fast
>My car has nothing to prove
>It's not new
>- --"I'm in a Hurry" Alabama

No, no, no.  It just SOUNDS like 0-60--it's *really* 0-50 in 5.2--at
least that's the way *I* sing it--and my CS Shelby would come real close
to that.  Trust me on the words here ( :  After all, how many other
team.net folks do you think have ever appeared on stage at the Grand Ole
Opry besides me?

(And my Eric, who shares more in the way of listening preferences with
Eric Linnhoff than he does with me, will not be happy that I'm sending
this from his account.  We have LOTS of fun arguing over the radio on
drives to non-local events.  How far is it to Mississippi?  998 miles?
Anybody got any recommendations for personal stereos and headphones?)

Thanks everyone who sent suggestions about lower profile versus light
duty truck tires for our main tow vehicle.  And I'm sorry I wasn't
clear--the Safari in question is the GMC version of the Chevy Astro, not
the station wagon of the same name.  Some of the GMC Safari's came from
the factory with 245/60/15's and some with 215/75/15's.  Ours came with
the squisher, taller sidewalls. ) :

Thanks also for the restraint (other than a few well deserved--and
expected--snickers) in not pointing out too much that of course it drives
like a breadbox on wheels--it is, after all, a minivan and more on the
truck end than the car end.  Sadly, it is likely going to be my (gulp)
daily driver as soon as the used car lot we call a driveway clears out a
bit more.

Mari Clements
'91 MR2 NA CS
'86 Shelby Charger CS (almost sold)
'85 Shelby Charger (parts car)
'86 Audi 5000 CS Quattro (also for sale)
'91 GMC Safari (whale class--I mean, tow van)
'81 Ford F250 (tow truck)