Re: re : '99 classification ringers?

To: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>, Team dot net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re : '99 classification ringers?
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:12:06 -0800
Josh Sirota wrote:
> I don't think that makes it much more able though.  The old P38 package
> came with the sport suspension, the ABD (brake-actuating traction
> control, a poor-man's limited slip), and the 17" wheels.
>
> Sure, now you can break these things up, but I'm not sure that you
> wouldn't want all of them.  The traction control is two things -- one
> that actuates the brakes (kind of a poor man's limited-slip) and one
> that retards the engine.  You can disable the latter, and I'd argue that
> you want the former.  So unless you get the new 18" wheel option (is
> that really an advantage?) or maybe the new sport seats (are they
> better?  Haven't seen 'em), I don't see any real advantage for a '99
> over the earlier ones.

Hey, sorry, just read RL's post that said that maybe '99s have the
adjustable spring perches.  My '99 order code sheets don't say anything
to that effect, but now that he mentions it, I have a feeling that I may
have heard that somewhere.  A friend has his '99 coming in real soon
now, I'll let you know.

Josh