Towing with the Ford V10

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Towing with the Ford V10
From: Bob Mosso <mosso@pcmagic.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:11:35 -0800
I'm in need for a new tow vehicle and have decided to go for a F250 V10.
I'll be towing about 3500 lbs worth of race car and trailer, over 12000
feet on occasion. I'll also be towing 5500 lbs worth of a travel trailer
for family vacations.

Does anyone have experience with the Ford V10? Word of advise, like
don't tow in overdrive?

I have my choice between 3.73 and 4.30 rear gears, is it as simple as
better gas mileage vs better towing?  What gears would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Bob (digest mode) Mosso  '81 RX-7 in CSP