Scary Moment

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Scary Moment
From: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 07:52:55 -0600
Ok here's the deal for me. Scary Moment

Last summer on my way from 30 miles east of downtown Kansas City
to Salina Kansas. I encountered a "Scary Moment" on this trip. Just west

of Topeka headed towards Salina it happened. A semi truck passed me
at a high rate of speed. The trailer pulled in toward the centerline of
the road
as the big rig came around. As he cleared me a sudden gust of that
Kansas
south wind pushed the trailer toward the right shoulder. The trailer
began swaying
back and forth faster and faster. I reached down and hit the button on
the brake
control which applied brakes to the trailer but not to the truck. This
straightened
out the rig immediately. It was a very hairy deal for a few seconds. I
have since
installed a Drawtite sway control device on the trailer. I'm leaving in
the morning
for Zanesville Ohio to pickup a new car. Hope it works!!!!

Mike B.TLS#1 33cm

"Charles R. Schultz" wrote:

> I've always wondered about the manual control on these things.  What,
exactly, are
> you using it for, and in what kind of "scary moments?"
>
> This post, along with previous comments about towing large loads above
posted
> limits are scary moments for me.  Why shouldn't they be?

> Josh Sirota wrote:
>
> >I use the Tekonsha Commander, which is one step above the Voyager.
Has