Re: shesh

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, "Mark Belcik" <solo390@juno.com>
Subject: Re: shesh
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 00:14:31 -0800
>> I don't know if I missed this in the thread or not, but did you guys know
>> that it's only going to be produced in sedan form?  According to the
>> article, Chrysler believes that the market for entry-level two door  cars
>> is shrinking fast.  But, they are working on a ACR version of the sedan,
>> anyone interested???
>
>Forget the doors....no DOHC!
>
>--
>Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
---------------------------------------
Actually I was kinda curious about that myself Patrick.  If DC is gonna get
150 hp out of the SOHC motors, with I'm assuming what amounts to basically
bolt-ons, what can we expect out of a new DOHC motor?  170 hp?  Possibly
more?  Maybe even a 6 speed tranny some day.

Who the hell needs a V6 with those kind of numbers?  Not me.  I'd rather
save the weight and lose maybe(?) a few ponies over a heavier V6 motor.

I also can't see DC suddenly backing out of their motorsports involvement
with the Neon Racing programs by not reintroducing a racing edition Neon.
Maybe by the time the new R/T (or maybe even another stripped down ACR)
comes to market there will be an even more potent DOHC motor in production.

Then, budget allowing, I may have to seriously look at the next generation
Neons.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Running my rig around ninety-five
Rockin' and rollin' in overdrive
My heart's beating like a jackhammer
It's the midnight ride for the gear jammer
"Gear Jammer"  George Thorogood & The Destroyers