Re: Multiple Throttle Bodies

To: Mark Todd <marktodd@internet8.net>, autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Multiple Throttle Bodies
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 06:04:07 -0800 (PST)
In a nutshell, multiple throttle bodies improve low end output by
preventing individual cylinders from stealing some of each other's
intake mixture as happens in a common-plenum manifold.  Same concept
as single vs. dual plane manifolds on a V8.  They may also offer
higher total flow capacity compared to a practical (airflow-limited)
plenum design.  A good discussion is in David Vizard's "How to Build
Horsepower Vol. 2:  Carburetors & Intake Manifolds."  (Also nice
pictures of his Chevy pickup with quadruple downdraft Webers!!!)

Cheers,
Craig Blome