Re[2]: SnowFlake Solo Series

To: <jhadler@rmi.net>, <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: SnowFlake Solo Series
From: scott_phelps_at_gdt@mail.gdt1.com
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 99 12:32:20 -0500
Nokian Hakkapelitta also has a steller
> reputation.  I have not yet driven the new Hakka 1 on ice so I really can't
> comment on it.

I drive on the studded hakka 1's, and I have yet to exceed their capabilities.
(drove around VT on sunday - unplowed roads + sleet + freezing rain)  Great on
ice, stellar in deep stuff, loud, bad gas mileage, and they wear very good. I've
driven the blizzak, and a host of other snow tires, but the hakka's are the best
for all conditions. Last better too. The amazing thing is the pulling ability,
pointed uphill, in 6 inches of sleet/snow mix yesterday, they dragged the car up
an unplowed 1/2 mile dirt drive at about a 12% grade.  I even stopped completely
1/2 way up and started again without backing up.  They spin, but they never stop
grabbing and pulling the car forward.  amazing.

They are astounding tires.   Not cheap, but damn worth the money.
The hakka 10's on my wifes car are on their 3rd season and still at about 60%
tread depth.........

Scott Phelps

Yugo GVX EP
Yugo GVL - winter beater w/studded hakka's