re: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class

To: edj@spokes.org, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: re: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:22:00 -0500
At 04:01 PM 12/8/2003 -0500, edj@spokes.org wrote:
>Does anybody remember the Solo Vee cars? Weren't they Formula Vee cars
>modified to run in Solo II, not competitive and then orphaned because
>there was no good place for them to play? Could this proposal be the
>first step in creating another orphan racecar?
>
>If this passes, in order to make weight the FF2000 owners would need
>to replace their floor pans with 1/4 in lead sheets! :-)
>
>eric
>CM 90

Yes, Solo V's are significantly modified from the Formula V rules including
(I think) a bigger engine and wider wheels/tires. They may be stuck with
the same gear ratio's as FV and I know the carb rule is restrictive. Under
the right conditions, they were a threat to beat our cars.

As I recall, the Solo V's were moved to FM from CM at the same time that
the 440/500's were moved. It appears that they are a little harder to win
with at Forbes than the 500's are even though Scott Nardin did so a few
years ago.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF