RE: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class

To: "Godula, Gary (G.M.)" <ggodula@ford.com>
Subject: RE: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:47:47 -0600
Gary:

Most, if not all, of the BM competitors seem to be more concerned about
rules stability rather than worrying about "road racing class purity"
although engine size is about all that is not FA legal.  I don't see the
added legality in FF of aluminum heads and lighter flywheels as benefiting
very many of your fellow CM competitors.  Also, I'm sure the reverse gear
check at Nationals was a welcome addition to the week.

NONE of the FA cars in BM could be even on the same lap as a well driven
Ralt RT40/41 or Swift 008.  I could put my RT5 on the race track with
almost zero cost but what would be the point.  I am about $100K short on
what it would take to have a competitive car.  I would also probably need
another driver!  :-)

I don't think Bruce would use the same car for Solo and Road Racing but I
have not asked him.  Changing my Citation from Solo to Road Race and then
back again 10 or 12 times a year would drive me crazy.  Phil seems to be
coming to Nationals just to keep his 100% status.  I didn't realize that he
drove his Sports Racer in AM this year.  He usually brings the Mazda
powered special.

Here again, all of the above are just my opinions, and I have NO intention
of autocrossing my FF2000 even if I sell the Ralt.

Greg Scharnberg