Re: Valvoline 10W30 Racing Synthetic Oil

To: Eric Jones <edj@austin.ibm.com>, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valvoline 10W30 Racing Synthetic Oil
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:38:01 -0500
Eric,

I'm sure it is great oil for the intended purpose.

However, my personal approach is that an autocross formula ford is used
very much like a "short trip street car". Lots of warmup time (well maybe
not in Texas!!!) followed by "beat the heck out of it driving" followed by
a couple of weeks to even months of setting around. Therefore I use Mobil 1
street synthetic. I figure it has plenty of good stuff for both the
"racing" and the "street" needs.

Dick

P.S. Considering that my new job will prevent me from having a chance to
autocross my FF much if at all for a few years, anybody want to buy it? The
car with "stuff" would be about half the price of Tommy's Swift and
considering how well I've done with it with about half the talent of Tommy
or Stu (and probably much less than half the budget), it must be a really
fast car!!!