Re: Hoosier R25A

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: Hoosier R25A
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 19:01:14 -0400
At 06:40 PM 6/1/01 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>So what's the word on the new R25A compound from Hoosier?
>Dick, I hear you have some experience with them...
>
>Mark

Mark and Everyone Else (especially Tommy and Stu;-),

My opinion of the R25A's . . . they felt so good that my first reaction was
that Tommy and Stu had them at Nationals and that was why they were so
fast! (grin)

I'm not saying that Hoosier would have done such a thing, what I'm saying
is that at the Petersburg Pro, they felt VERY good starting on the first
run on a HOT day. They had more "apparent" grip than my Nationals tires
(which had only two events since Nats) had a couple of weeks earlier after
a few runs to get them warm. I tried comparing GEEZ data but the data is
not conclusive.

Bottom line, I think that they are probably better. Hoosier says they will
"last longer".

Kelly liked them because even though they had plenty of grip, they aren't
as hard to clean gravel off of between runs(I have no clue how the magic of
chemistry can do that but they definitely were easier to clean).

Happy motoring!

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford