Newbie Q's

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie Q's
From: The Narbys <narby@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:15:33 -0600
Hi folks.

I joined the list some time ago in anticipation of getting a CM car. Now
that I have it (1982 Crossle 50F) I have a few questions, and I am sure
more will follow.

First, do rod ends require periodic lubrication, and if so how and with
what?

Second, where should I look for a manual for the engine? What do I call
the engine if I look for parts locally (Pinto, Ford 1600, Kent, etc)?.

Third what should the timing be set at (rpm and advance)?

Anyone have broad recommendations about alignment settings and tire
pressures? I would like to know some alignment specs in case I ever
figure out how to adjust all those rod ends.

Needless to say I am thrilled and excited to be part of the open-wheel
autocross community, and I can't wait to post some race results after
our first regional event on 3/11.

Doug Narby
19CM Crossle 50F Formula Ford

///